I’ve heard that my mom is a fabric designer for a place called Moda.
That she sews all the time.
I hear jokes about us having enough “blankets” to survive the apocalypse. And more coming all the time.
And there is a whole lot of fabric around here. I hear it’s called Meadowbloom. (Ships July/August)
There are rumors that she gets in a frenzy twice a year, getting ready for some big trade show. Designing new patterns and the like.
That all those preparations take over our home and things get a little…hectic.
But here’s the thing.
I haven’t seen any of these things.
I’ve been too busy snuggling.
And smiling milky smiles.
I have been teaching everyone in this little house to adore me.
Which means they don’t have time for much else.
Or so they tell me.
So instead of a blog takeover, what has happened over here is a whole life and family takeover.
And we’re all loving every minute.
Don’t worry, I’ll let my mom get back to quilts, and sewing, and fabric soon–and maybe, just maybe, I’ll see you at the next big show. I hear it’s in Houston.
PS Check out the other “blog takeovers” to see what the other Moda Designers are up to behind the scenes and in real life:
April 27th –
- Amy Ellis – Amy’s Creative Side
- Anne Sutton – Bunny Hill
- Pat Sloan – Pat Sloan
- Joanna Figueroa – Fig Tree Quilts
- Lisa Bongean – Primitive Gatherings
April 28th –
- Kathy Schmitz – Kathy Schmitz Studios
- Brgitte Heitland – Zen Chic
- Vanessa Christenson – V & Co.
- The Cutting Table – Lissa Alexander… uh oh…
- Edyta Sitar – Laundry Basket Quilts
- Rachel Brenchley – Basic Grey
April 29th –
- April Rosenthal – April Rosenthal
- Alma Allen – Blackbird Designs
- Barbara Groves – Me & My Sister
- Brenda Riddle – Brenda Riddle Designs
- Kate Spain – Kate Spain
April 30th –
- Deb Strain – Deb Strain
- Jen Kingwell – Jen Kingwell Designs
- Lynne Hagmeier – Kansas Troubles
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique
- Karla Eisenach – Sweetwater
- Janet Clare – Janet Clare Designs
May 1st –